SB-800 AF Speedlight (Refurbished)
Product Number: 4801B
- Powerful, compact and portable i-TTL Speedlight unit optimized for use with Nikon's Creative Lighting System (CLS).
- Nikon's most advanced Speedlight with a guide number of 184 feet (at ISO 100 at 105mm zoom-head position).
- Operates a stand-alone Speedlight, wireless Speedlight Commander or wireless remote unit .
- Advanced wireless control provides fully automatic and independent control of an unlimited number of SB-900, SB-800, SB-600 and SB-R200 Speedlights.
- Control as many as 3 remote groups (A, B and C) with the SB-800's wireless Commander mode without leaving the camera position.
- Four channel options for wireless operation prevents triggering of other Nikon CLS compatible Speedlights when working in competitive environments.
- Flash Value Lock provides a fixed flash output for more consistent flash output.
- Built-in Wide-area AF (autofocus) illuminator, compatible with every AF NIKKOR lens and all CLS compatible Nikon cameras.
- Flash color information is provided for more accurate flash control.
- Auto FP High-speed sync for working with higher shutter speeds offering greater depth of field control.
- Built-in flash compensation: plus or minus 3EV in 1/3rd step increments.
- Bounce and swivel flash head control for more creative flash techniques and lighting effects.
- Tech Specs
Commander Function Yes Electronic Construction Automatic Insulated Gate Bipolar Transistor (IGBT) and series circuitry Flash Exposure Control Distance-priority manual flashi-TTL Balanced Fill-Flash with CLS compatible camerasManual Flash (with Nikon Creative Lighting System digital and 35mm SLR cameras) Lens Coverage 14 to 17mm (Automatic mode, with built-in wide flash adapter (14mm with SW-10H Diffusion Dome ))24 to 105mm (Automatic mode) Illumination pattern - Other Available Functions Test FiringMonitor Pre-flashesAF-assist illuminatorModeling illuminator Bounce Function (Tilt) Flash head tilts down to 7° or up to 90° with click-stops at -7°, 0°, 45°, 60°, 75°, 90°. Bounce Function (Rotate) Flash head rotates horizontally 180° to the left and right with click-stops at 0°, 30°, 60°, 75°, 90°, 120°, 150°, 180° Minimum Recycling Time 2.7 sec. (approx.) with R6, Ni-Cd or Ni-MH AA-size batteries, or with Quick Recycle Battery Pack SD-800); manual6.0 sec. (approx.) with FR6/Lithium AA-size batteries; manual Flash Duration 1/1050 sec. at M 1/1 (full) output1/1100 sec. at M 1/2 output1/2700 sec. at M 1/4 output1/5900 sec. at M 1/8 output1/10900 sec. at M 1/16 output1/17800 sec. at M 1/32 output1/32300 sec. at M 1/64 output1/41600 sec. at M 1/128 output Power ON/OFF Press the power button for approx. 0.3 sec. to turn the SB-800 on or off. Remote Function Yes Required Power Source Four 1.2V KR-AA (AA-size NiCd) batteriesFour 1.5V LR6 (AA-size alkaline) batteriesFour 1.5V FR6 (AA-size lithium) batteriesSD-7 DC Unit (optional *1 *2)SD-800 Quick Recycle Battery pack holds a fifth AA-size battery for faster power recycling (optional)SD-8A Battery Pack (optional) Optional Power Supply SD-7 Battery PackSD-8A High-Performance Battery Pack Flash-ready Indicator Lights up: recycled and ready to fire.Blinks: flash fires at its maximum output, indicating light may have been insufficient (in TTL Auto Flash, Auto Aperture B Flash and Non-TTL Auto Flash A operations). Ready Light Back Flash Compensation –3.0 EV to +3.0 EV in increments of 1/3 steps in TTL auto flash, Auto Aperture flash and Distance-priority manual flash modes Custom Setting AF-Assist IlluminationCanceling flash firingLCD Panel ContrastLCD panel illuminatorISO sensitivityNon-TTL auto flashPower zoom functionSound MonitorStandby functionUnit or Measuring DistanceWireless flash autoZoom-head position setting if the built-in wide-flash adapter is broken off accidentally Minimum Number of Flashes / Recycling Time 90/3.5–30 sec. (1.2V NiCd) (x5)90/4–30 sec. (1.2V NiCd) (x4)130/4–30 sec. (1.5V Alkaline-manganese) (x5)130/6–30 sec. (1.5V Alkaline-manganese) (x4)140/5–30 sec. (1.5V Nickel) (x5)140/6–30 sec. (1.5V Nickel) (x4)150/2.9–30 sec. (1.2V Ni-MH) (x5)150/4–30 sec. (1.2V Ni-MH) (x4) 170/7.5–30 sec. (1.5V Lithium) (x4)190/7.5–30 sec. (1.5V Lithium) (x5) Wireless Flash Modes MasterMaster (RPT)OffRemoteSU-4 Wireless Exposure Modes - Wireless Communication Channels Four: 1, 2, 3 and 4 Channels Transmission Mode - Wireless Groups Three: A, B and C Other Functions Button lockRecalling the underexposure value in the TTL auto flash modeResetting the settings Dimensions 2.8 x 5.0 x 3.6 in. (70.6 x 127.4 x 91.7mm) (Approx.) Weight (Approx. without batteries) 12.0 oz. (350g) Transmission Range - Transmission Wavelength - Number of Transmissions - Transmission Interval - Guide Number for Filter - Guide Number 38 m/125 ft. (at ISO 100, 35mm zoom-head position, 20°C/68°F) to 53 m/174 ft. (at ISO 100 and 105mm zoom-head position, 20°C/68°F)
- Product Forum