On the road? Your passion for photography goes hand-in-hand with the COOLPIX P7100. Versatility, performance, speed—get amazing photos and movies with intense detail, thanks to a large 10.1-MP, 1/1.7” CCD sensor and Nikon’s superior image technology.
- Superior Nikon image quality with 7.1x Zoom-NIKKOR ED glass lens and large 10.1-MP, 1/1.7" CCD sensor.
- Fast and responsive with Nikon's EXPEED C2 image processing engine; shoot RAW files for added image control and flexibility.
- Versatile manual controls, including front command dial and exclusive quick menu puts the photographer in charge of camera operation
- HD movie (720p) with stereo sound recording using built-in microphone; optical zoom control and Auto Focus are available during recording.
- 3-inch ultra-high resolution (921,000-dot) vari-angle monitor with Clear Color display and anti-reflective coating; for added viewing convenience an Optical Viewfinder is also provided
- 7.1x optical Zoom-NIKKOR ED glass lens, 28-200mm (35mm equivalent) for versatile and convenient composition.
- 10.1 effective megapixels; 1/1.7-in. CCD sensor for low noise and exceptional image quality
- 4-Way (VR) Image stabilization system includes optical VR, Motion detection, Best Shot selector and High ISO; minimizing the effect of camera shake for sharper, clearer images
- Zoom Memory to select a desired focal length (as if changing single-focal-length lenses) during shooting
- Tone level information supports image adjustment according to photographer's creative needs
- Maximum sensitivity of ISO 3200 (full resolution); can be set to Hi 1 (ISO 6400 equivalent at Full resolution), also Low noise night mode and Noise-reduction filter provided
- Variety of bracketing functions including exposure and white balance for added image control and convenience
- Virtual horizon can be displayed in the LCD to facilitate composition
- High-speed continuous shooting, up to 90 pictures, at Full resolution at up to 1.2 fps capture the “decisive moment”
- Four exposure modes (P/S/A/M) can be set with the mode dial
- Macro mode allows shooting distance as close as approx. 0.8 in.
- HDR setting in Backlighting mode delivers images with broad dynamic range
- Tech Specs
Type Compact Digital Camera Lens Mount - Battery / Batteries Rechargeable Li-ion Battery EN-EL14 Battery Life (shots per charge) Still pictures*: Approx. 350 shots*Based on Camera and Imaging Products Association (CIPA) standards for measuring the life of camera batteries. Measured at 23(-/+2)°C (73(-/+4)°F); zoom adjusted with each shot, flash fired with every other shot, image quality set to Normal, image size set to 3648 x 2736 (10M). Battery life may vary depending on shooting interval and length of time menus and images are displayed. Tripod Socket ISO 1222 Approx. Dimensions Height: 3.1 in. (76.9mm)
Width: 6 in. (116.3mm)
Depth: 1.9 in. (48mm)
Approx. Weight 14 oz. (395g) Operating environment Temperature: 0 to 40°C (32 to 104°F) Color Touch Control Projection Lens Zoom 7.1x Lens Specification - Digital Zoom Up to 4x (angle of view equivalent to that of approx. 800mm lens in 35mm  format) Vibration Reduction Lens-shift VR Autofocus (AF) Contrast-detect TTL AF Autofocus (AF) Focus range (from lens) - Autofocus (AF) Focus-area selection Auto (9-area automatic selection)Center (wide, normal, spot)Face priorityManual with 99 focus areasSubject tracking Autofocus Fine Tune - Auto-area AF Mode - Effective Pixels 10.1 million Focus Range [W]: Approx. 1 ft. 8 in. (50 cm.) to infinity[T]: Approx. 2 ft. 8 in. (80 cm.) to infinityMacro close-up mode: [W]: Approx. 0.8 in (2 cm.) to infinity Focus Modes - Focus Lock Yes Maximum Autofocus Areas/Points 99 Autofocus Sensitivity - Single-point AF Mode - Dynamic AF Mode - Viewfinder Optical Viewfinder Frame Coverage 80% horizontal (approx.)80% vertical (approx.) Viewfinder Magnification - Image Sensor CCD Monitor Size 3.0 in. diagonal Monitor Type TFT-LCD Monitor Resolution 921,000-dots Monitor Frame coverage (shooting mode) 96% horizontal (Approx.)100% vertical (Approx.) Monitor Frame coverage (playback mode) 100% horizontal (Approx.) Storage Media SD memory cardSDHC memory cardSDXC memory card Internal Memory Approx. 94MB Storage System - Storage File System DCFEXIF 2.3DPOF compliant Storage File formats Audio files: WAVRAW and JPEG can be recorded simultaneouslyMovies: MOV (Video:MPEG-4 AVC/H.264, Audio: AAC stereo) Sensor Size 1/1.7 in. Movie Audio file format: AAC stereoMovie file format: MPEG-4 AVC H.264 Voice Memo Function Yes Image Size (pixels) 3648 x 2736 (10M) ISO Sensitivity ISO 100-3200
Auto (auto gain ISO 100-800)Fixed range auto (ISO 100-200, 100-400)
Lowest ISO Sensitivity 100 Highest ISO Sensitivity 12800 Exposure Metering 256-segment matrix, center-weighted, spot, spot AF area (with support for 99 focus areas) Exposure Control Programmed auto exposure with flexible programaperture-priority autoexposure bracketing (Sv)exposure bracketing (Tv)exposure compensation (-3.0 to +3.0 EV in steps of 1/3 EV)manualmotion detectionshutter priority auto Exposure Range (auto mode) - Exposure Modes Aperture-Priority Auto (A)Manual (M)Programmed AutoShutter-Priority Auto (S) Total Pixels 10.39 million (approx.) Automatic Exposure Scene Modes - Scene Modes Back LightBeachBlack and White CopyClose UpDusk/DawnFireworks ShowFoodLandscapeMuseumNight LandscapeNight PortraitPanorama AssistParty/IndoorPet PortraitPortraitScene Auto SelectorSnowSportsSunset Image Optimization - In-Camera Image Editing Black BorderCropD-LightingFilter EffectsNRW (Raw) ProcessingQuick retouchSkin softeningSmall PicStraighten Exposure Compensation ± 3 EV in steps of 1/3 Exposure Lock Yes Exposure Bracketing Yes White Balance Auto 1 (Normal)Auto 2 (Warm)CloudyDaylightFine Tune By Kelvin Color Temperature SettingFlashFluorescent (FL1 to FL3)IncandescentManual White Balance Bracketing - Image Stabilization - Lens 7.1x optical zoom, NIKKOR ED glass lens Shutter Mechanical and charge-coupled electronic shutter Shutter Speed 1/4000 - 60s (M mode)1/4000 - 8s (A mode)4 sec. (when scene mode is set to Fireworks show) Top Continuous Shooting Speed at full resolution Up to 90 shots at approx. 1.2 frames per second Continuous Shooting Options Best Shot SelectorContinuousContinuous FlashInterval TimerMulti-shot 16Single Aperture Electronically-controlled 6-blade iris diaphragm Aperture Range - Self-timer Can be selected from 10 and 2 seconds duration Accessory Shoe Yes Built-in flash Range (approx.) (ISO sensitivity: Auto) [W]: 0.3 to 9.0m (1ft. to 29 ft.) [T]: 0.3 to 4.5m (1ft. to 14 ft.) Built-in Flash Control TTL auto flash with monitor preflashes Lens Focal Length 6.0-42.6mm (angle of view equivalent to that of 28-200mm lens in 35mm  format) Built-in Flash Yes Built-in Flash Distance - Flash Sync Modes - External Flash Shoe Type - External Flash Shoe Yes Flash Sync Speed - X-Sync Speed - FP High Speed Sync - PC Flash Sync Terminal - Interface Hi-speed USB Lens f/-number f/2.8-5.6 Interface Data transfer protocol MTPPTP Video Output NTSCPAL HDMI Output Can be selected from:Auto480p720p1080i I/O terminal Audio/video (A/V) outputDigital I/O (USB)HDMI Mini Connector (HDMI output) Projection system - Projection LCD panel - Projector lens - Projector Light Source - Projector Image Size - Projector Throw Distance - Lens Construction 11 elements in 9 groups Projector Number of colors - Projector Playback Functions - Projector Brightness - Projector Contrast ratio - Projector Resolution (output) - Projector Endurance (battery life) - Supported Languages ArabicCzechChinese (Simplified and Traditional) DanishDutchEnglishFinnishFrenchGermanGreekHindiHungarianIndonesianItalianJapaneseKoreanNorwegianPolishPortugese (European and Brazilian)RomanianRussianSpanishSwedishThaiTurkishUkranianVietnamese Power Sources One Rechargeable Li-ion Battery EN-EL14 (supplied) Charging Time - Battery -
- Product Forum
- Supplied Accessories
- AN-CP21 Strap
- EG-CP16 Audio Video Cable
- EN-EL14 Rechargeable Li-ion Battery
- MH-24 Quick Charger
- UC-E6 USB Cable